Sampler Platter: Bacaro in downtown, bizarre hot dogs and chocolate 2.0
June 18, 2009 | 1:07 pm
- Bacaro l.a. owners will open a new beer and wine bar in the Pacific Electric Lofts space that was slated for BabyCakes NYC. The cupcake joint will move one door down on 6th Street. Blog Downtown
- From the hamdog to the mac 'n cheese hot dog to the cornhole (corn on the cob wrapped in hickory bacon, hot dog slices, cheese sticks and ground beef), the 10 weirdest hot dogs. Woman's Day
- Thoughts, opinions and food porn from last weekend's Taste of the Nation Los Angeles, courtesy of Ravenous Couple, Eat: LA, Teenage Glutster and Squid Ink.
- Shiv Sena, an ultra-right nationalist party in India, has launched the Shiv Vada, a deep-fried potato ball sandwich that it hopes will become as popular as hamburgers. Boing Boing
- Four women attempting to dine and dash crash their car into a Detroit IHOP. Detroit News
- This San Francisco chocolate factory is so wired that it can be remotely operated from halfway across the world. (It helps that one of the owners co-founded Wired magazine). CNET
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Robert Rusler of Santa Monica gives son James a ride at the landmark Tail O' the Pup hot dog stand, circa 2005. Credit: Allen J. Schaben / Los Angeles Times.