Sampler Platter: Taco tables, community gardens and chicken shortages
May 7, 2009 | 4:30 pm
- LAist crawls the taco tables and trucks of Highland Park.
- Henry's Farmers Market, a swank health-food and grocery store, opened Wednesday in Woodland Hills. Daily News
- Sean Hannity attacks President Obama for ordering Dijon mustard on his burger. Gawker
- Supporters of the Crenshaw Community Garden hope a partnership between the school and Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's office will let the garden bloom once again. LA Beez
- Franchises not cooperating, long waits and chicken shortages; the day after the Oprah/KFC chickengate, Consumerist analyzes What Went Wrong. And El Pollo Loco now says (via YouTube and Twitter) that it'll accept KFC-Oprah coupons on Mother's Day.
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: The popular Tacos La Estrella truck in Highland Park
Credit: Robert Gauthier / Los Angeles Times