Sampler Platter: Cocaine gives Red Bull Simply Cola wings, French fried burritos and prison thyme
Burritos made from French fries, drug-addled Red Bull and the craziest barbecue grills you could ever imagine in today's roundup of food news.
- From a baby carriage to a fire-breathing dragon, 10 insanely bizarre BBQ grills. Funny Or Die
- Now we know why Red Bull Simply Cola gives you wings (in Germany): traces of cocaine. Wall Street Journal
- Nobu tells diners not to eat the endangered bluefin tuna on its menu. Telegraph
- Doing hard thyme: Ohio prisoners grow their own vegetables to save money. Dayton Daily News
- A French fry burrito? LAist eats the amazing spuderito at Rick's Drive-In in Pasadena.
- Costco will begin accepting food stamps in two of its New York City stores -- one in Astoria, Queens, and the other in Sunset Park, Brooklyn -- on a trial basis, starting in June. New York Times
- Celebrity chef John Burton Race of the New Angel in Dartmouth, Devon, is bankrupt. BBC
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Bigeye bluefin tuna lines the floor of the United Fishing Agency's auction
house in Honolulu. Credit: Eugene Tanner / Associated Press