Sampler Platter: Nutella, beef and the great burrito debate
May 4, 2009 | 7:15 pm
Burritos, Nutella, hospital food and more in today's food news roundup.
- Epicurious wins James Beard Award for best food blog.
- LA Taco schools you on authentic Mexican burritos from Chihuahua, Sinaloa and other northern Mexican states.
- Digital Chocolates makes an $8 Wiimote replica out of white chocolate. Slippery Brick
- The truth about European Nutella: it "is slightly less sweet, is a tiny bit firmer in texture, and seems to have a better aftertaste." Amy Scattergood. (Read Amy's Nutella piece for us, here.)
- StarChefs.com reports that for the first time in four years, chef salaries are down.
- U.S. government sues Chino-based meat company whose workers were caught on video abusing cattle, leading to the nation's biggest beef recall last year. San Jose Mercury News
- Are restaurant tables too small? The Atlanta Journal-Constitution investigates.
- "Delicious" hospital meals (scroll down until you get to Paris). Hospital Food
— Elina Shatkin
Photo: Waitress Paula Herrera serves an al pastor burrito at Taquería La Estrella. Credit: Annie Wells / Los Angeles Times.