Sampler Platter: Oaxacan quesadillas, spaghetti hot dogs & jalapeno-pear cocktails
April 22, 2009 | 5:00 pm
Midweek food bites...
- In honor of Earth Day, a list of the fruits and vegetables that contain the most pesticides. Clean Plate Charlie
- 5 ways to save on organic food. Consumer Reports
- Thierry Perez, co-owner of Fraiche and Riva, has left to open his own restaurant in Culver City. It will be called Ben Fatto. Eater LA
- Freaky food fun: insert dried spaghetti into hot dogs, then boil. Boing Boing
- Pleasure Palate checks out an Echo Park street cart featuring Oaxacan quesadillas with blue corn tortillas.
- Strangest drink ever? The jalapeno-pear caipiroska. Umami Mart
- Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats won't make my kids smarter? Yahoo! News
- Downsize Me: Man loses 15 pounds eating only McDonald's for 30 days. Daily Mail
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Elina Shatkin