Sampler Platter: Jelly molds, marshmallow Peeps & bizarre diets
Midweek food news from around the webosphere ...
- How marshmallow Peeps are made. Chicago Tribune
- From tapeworms and ear stapling to cavemen and bibles, the 10 craziest diets in history. Neatorama
- Eat Food With Me gets stuffed on the never-ending salads at Itzik Hagadol in Encino.
- Domino's is NOT giving away free pizzas after all. Sorry. The Consumerist
- How two young Eton and University College grads have quickly become England’s kings of the jelly mold art scene. New York Times
- Whole Foods makes an in-house knock-off of Amy's frozen roasted veggie pizza, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original. To Live & Eat in L.A.
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Faceless marshmallow Peeps being hatched on the conveyor belt at the Just Born Inc. facility in Bethlehem, Pa. Credit: Mike Mergen / Bloomberg News