Sampler Platter: Fatburger woes, Golden State and kosher Coke
Scoops of food news...
- After rapidly expanding in the last few years, California and Nevada Fatburger subsidiaries file for bankruptcy protection. Oregon Live. This shouldn't affect Montel Williams, who owns the exclusive franchise rights to Fatburger in Colorado. BV Newswire. But it might affect the outcome of NBCLA's "Best Burger under $5" competition.
- Colorado DMV nixes ILVTOFU vanity plate, citing obscenity concern. Colorado Independent
- Woman calls 911 over lack of shrimp in fried rice. Newsweek
- Golden State co-owner Jason Bernstein talks to LA.com.
- How Il Forno in Santa Monica has managed to keep all 32 employees during the recession. Huffington Post
- Limited batches of kosher-for-Passover Coca Cola are always a big hit in New York. New York Post
- LAist's latest recession obsession: Guatemalan market Guatemalteca in Hollywood.
Join us on Twitter @LATimesFood
Photo: Earvin "Magic" Johnson at Fatburger. Credit: Bob Chamberlin / Los Angeles Times.