Sampler Platter: Downtown cupcakes, craft beer and olives not steaks
Almost Friday's food bites...
- NYC's BabyCakes vegan cupcakes will join the Association and Cole's in the Pacific Electric building on 6th Street between Main and Los Angeles streets. Blog Downtown
- Spanish Kitchen, Stone Fire Pizza and Belmont owner Greg Morris’ latest venture, the Olive on Sunset, will replace BOA Steakhouse at the Grafton when it moves to Luckman Plaza. Food GPS
- LAist visits Vin Loi Tofu, a vegan restaurant and tofu factory in Reseda.
- Former Charles Bukowski dive bar Craby Joe's will become the probably upscale Haven, owned by the group behind Crown Bar, Winston's and the Dime. Blog Downtown
- Online auction for Celadon's furniture and kitchen and bar equipment has been postponed. Blackburn & Sweetzer
- Depending on your POV, either the most inspiring or the most self-important video ever made about craft brewing. Vimeo
-- Elina Shatkin
Top photo: Roundabouts Cupcake Sleeves dress up a trio of cupcakes. Credit: Larry Crowe / Associated Press
Bottom left photo: Tofu and salmon caviar at SaSaYa. Credit: Perry C. Riddle / Los Angeles Times
Bottom right photo: Craft beers on tap at Westside Tavern. Credit: Barbara Davidson / Los Angeles Times