Sampler Platter: Divorce cakes, Vietnamese goat & food Twits
Divorce cakes, Vietnamese goat, food Twitterers and more in today's roundup of food news.
- The Slap Chop infomercial gets a rap remix.
- Don't plan to live past 40? How to make a grilled cheese sandwich with mac 'n cheese inside: A complete photo essay. Bonus: It's made with bacon fat!
- Vietnamese goat in seven courses at Binh Dan in Westminster. Wandering Chopsticks
- Baker Sonia George and husband Robert open Cake Studio Cafe along Glendale Boulevard near TiGeorges’ Chicken. Food GPS
- Dine Out For Life tomorrow and raise money for AIDS charity Project Angel Food. Participating eateries include: Damon's Steakhouse, Jar, Gonpachi and more. Caroline On Crack
- Tasting Table LA has a Twitter feed. Soon, it'll have tweets. Eventually, it will be on lafoodietwitterers.com, Pat Saperstein's (of Eating LA) list of food Twitterers.
- How to insult a vegetarian: bacon-wrapped tofu. Divine Caroline
- You celebrated your wedding with a wedding cake; honor your divorce with a divorce cake. It comes with free frosting: chocolate ganache salted with your own tears. Seattle Times