Sampler Platter: Curry summit, National Beer Day, Cat Cora and the MIT chocolate lab
April 8, 2009 | 12:00 pm
A big, fat, juicy dose of food news...
- Inside MIT's Laboratory for Chocolate Science. Yes, that is a real place. Boston Globe
- Iron Chef Cat Cora's partner, Jennifer, gives birth to the couple's third child. Cora is expecting the couple's fourth child in June. Huffington Post
- Chefs at British "curry summit" call for national college dedicated to Indian cookery. Guardian
- Opening of Dean & Deluca in Fashion Island in Newport Beach delayed until 2010. Stick A Fork In It
- LA Mill in Silver Lake sits on top of microquake epicenter. LAist
- Brewers and politicians join forces to call for National Beer Day in the U.K. The Herald
- Obesity kills more Americans than terrorism. Consumerist
- Do healthful eating options on a menu actually make people eat less healthfully? New York Times
- Legislators consider banning trans-fats in … Texas?! Business Week
- West Virginia kills a bill requiring restaurants to post nutritional info. Forbes
- The bakers from "Ace of Cakes" build a Hubble-themed dessert to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Goddard Space Flight Center. Fox News
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Jungle curry with pork at Jitlada Thai restaurant in Hollywood. (Credit: Ken Hively / Los Angeles Times).