Sampler Platter: Cupcakes, ramen & ice cream
April 16, 2009 | 8:29 pm
Please enjoy today's tasty food bites ...
- A cute animated video that explains the rationale for eating the Paleo Diet: nuts, vegetables, fruits, meat.
- Eater LA reports that New York bakery Babycakes has scrapped its plans to open a Mid-City West location in favor of a storefront in downtown's historic bank district.
- Plywood erected at the former Doughboys space on West 3rd Street. Blackburn & Sweetzer
- LAist's latest Recession Obsession: Ramenya in West L.A.
- Condé Nast Traveler has released its Hot List Tables for 2009, featuring six SoCal eateries: The Bazaar by José Andrés, Akasha, Palate, Animal, A Restaurant (Newport Beach) and Kogi BBQ.
- To promote its newest flavor, Chocolate Macadamia, Ben & Jerry's is sponsoring an online contest where you can create the ice cream maker's next flavor.
- Fast-food chains like McDonald's and Burger King go healthier and upmarket to compete with "fast casual" chains like Chipotle and Panera. NY Post
— Elina Shatkin