Sampler Platter: Where to drink with Jonathan Gold, Damon's, Peruvian chicken
March 5, 2009 | 1:19 pm
- From Bahooka to the Varnish, Jonathan Gold offers his "Where to Drink Now: The New Cocktailian's Guide." LA Weekly
- A Hamburger Today checks out the burger at tiki-themed and very old school Glendale restaurant Damon's Steak House.
- LAist's latest Recession Obsession is Peruvian chicken at Pollo a la Brasa and Pollos El Brasero.
- Pleasure Palate is underwhelmed by Nick's Taste of Texas in Covina.
- Food GPS liveblogs the 2009 U.S. Barista Championship in Portland, Ore. (Click here for Daily Dish's coverage of the Western Regionals in January.)
- Let them eat cake. Gridskipper offers a list of "Outrageously Expensive L.A. Dining."
- British chef Aaron Billington smashes a £1-million Ferrari Enzo belonging to Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay. Daily Mail
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Left: Steak and fried shrimp at Damon's Steak House in Glendale. (Los Angeles Times) Right: A young couple enjoy a flaming mai tai at Bahooka Ribs & Grog in Rosemead. (Genaro Molina/Los Angeles Times)