Sampler Platter: Lobster, burgers, the Lab & Rivera
March 20, 2009 | 1:04 pm
- Lobster is the new bologna. Wait … WHAT?! In Canada, it's true. CBC.ca
- Caroline On Crack dubs The Lab "a beginner's gastropub."
- Rivera bartender Julian Cox debuts his spring cocktail menu today: Purple Rain, Smoke on the Water, O.P.P., Sage'd & Confused. Food GPS
- A Hamburger Today reviews The Bucket in Eagle Rock -- with a nice bit about the history of the joint.
- It's hip to be square. L.A. & O.C. Foodie reviews assorted dessert bars from Westside-based bakery Sweet Square.
- The largest major chocolate show on the West Coast, the San Francisco International Chocolate Salon, happens this Saturday.
- Grocers who try to compete with Wal-Mart on price often take a worse sales hit. Daily Bread
- Kean Coffee in Tustin will have its long-awaited opening on Monday. Probably. Fast Food Maven
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Bogavante a la Gallega by Spanish master chef Jose Andres. Credit: Michael Robinson Chavez / Los Angeles Times