Sampler Platter: Korean hangover remedy, dumplings, pizza & more
March 13, 2009 | 12:26 pm
- Jonathan Gold explores Korean hangover remedy jeonbokjuk (abalone porridge), "the dish you want to have between you and the roiling chasm of your melting insides." LA Weekly
- LAist's latest Recession Obsession: a no-prep Korean dinner of boiled squid.
- Michael Pollan, author of "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and "In Defense of Food," wants your food rules for eating well. New York Times
- Least appetizing food trend ever: Toilet-themed restaurant serves food in the shape of excrement with names like "green dysentery" on toilet-shaped plates. Time via Slashfood
- "Does Obama's choice of former New York City health commissioner Margaret Hamburg indicate that the FDA will be split in two, with one body regulating drugs and medical devices, and the other food?" The Daily Bread
- gas•tron•o•my digs into dumplings at Qing Dao Bread Food in Monterey Park.
- David Myers' Pizzeria Ortica, which opened in mid-January near South Coast Plaza, has extended its three-course OC Restaurant week menu. Furey & the Feast
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Calabrese pizza at Pizzeria Ortica. Credit: Christine Cotter / Los Angeles Times. Fresh octopus. Credit: Mark Boster / Los Angeles Times