Sampler Platter: Hot dogs, burgers & chili fries
March 31, 2009 | 4:40 pm
Tuesday food news you can use...
- Want to know what Texas death row inmates requested for their final meal? Of course you do. Web Archive
- Pleasure Palate says Mustard's, a Chicago-Style hot dog joint in Long Beach, mostly cuts the mustard.
- Eating L.A. digs into Umami's new scallop burger.
- LAist says they've found the most awesome chili fries ever — they're at the Hat in Pasadena.
- A Hamburger Today tastes history at Bob's Big Boy.
- Crooks & Liars tries to dispel some of the misinformation floating around the blogosphere about H.R. 875, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009, introduced by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.).
— Elina Shatkin
Photo: Hot dogs from Pink's spell out the owner's enthusiasm for the Los Angeles Zoo. Credit: Bob Chamberlin / Los Angeles Times