Sampler Platter: Cupcake burgers, waffles and catfish
- A Hamburger Today gets a thorough look behind the scenes of Umami Burger courtesy of the joint's owner, Adam Fleischman.
- Before Philadelphia was known for cheese steak, it was famous for waffles and catfish. Restaurant-ing through History
- Your burger fell in my cupcake. Your cupcake fell in my burger. Amazing trompe l'oeil cupcakes shaped like hamburgers. Smiley's Sweets and Creations
- "Growing corn to be used as fuel instead of food is the environmental equivalent of Madoff's Ponzi scheme." Obama Foodorama
- Do you believe the label on the box of Cocoa Pebbles that it's a "good source of fiber"? No? Good. Don't be fooled by polydextrose and other fiber additives. Slate
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: LEFT: Bacon waffles at the Waffle in Hollywood. (Credit: Jamie Rector / For The Times). RIGHT: Pritong hito, a whole fried catfish, at Barrio Fiesta. (Credit: Los Angeles Times).