Sampler Platter: "Chopping Block," cupcakes & wine in a tube
March 27, 2009 | 5:51 pm
- I guess there's only room for one sadistic British TV chef on TV and Marco Pierre White is no Gordon Ramsay. NBC pulls "Chopping Block." L.A. Times
- Eater SF tracks Anthony Bourdain's recent visit to the Bay Area.
- Is "wine in a tube" the new "wine in a box"? Slashfood
- White House chef Sam Kass named White House Food Initiative Coordinator and will supposedly have a big role in shaping Mrs. O's food-forward policies. Obama Foodorama
- Just in time for this weekend's cupcake challenge, eggless carrot cupcakes with mascarpone frosting. Culinary Bazaar
- Rum Dood reviews Appleton Estate Extra rum.
- KFC will fill potholes in Louisville, Ky., in exchange for stamping the fresh pavement with a "Re-freshed by KFC" chalk stencil. Ad Age
Photo: First Lady Michelle Obama and White House chef Sam Kass speak to children after taking part in the groundbreaking for the White House Kitchen Garden on the South Lawn.
Credit: Win McNamee /Getty Images