Sampler Platter: Bakon, breast-feeding, cave man snacks, ramen
March 16, 2009 | 4:49 pm
- Microwaveable cave man meat snacks from Japan. Gizmodo
- Is breast really best? Hanna Rosin's story in the Atlantic questions the conventional wisdom that breast-feeding is better than bottle-feeding and stirs up a hornet's nest of debate in the N.Y. Times.
- O'Neills Irish Pub in Lexington, Ky., installs tableside beer taps and charges by the ounce. Lexington Herald-Leader
- Round 1 of Taco Madness 2009 continues at LA Taco, where you can vote for your favorite taqueria.
- "Share your story of what you are doing to change your position and help others, despite losing your job" and Clive Berkman will be your personal chef for a week.
- Potatomato hits up Mama Ramen in Lomita with its gourmet ramen options like steak.
- Say hello to Bakon, premium bacon-flavored vodka. Royal Bacon Society
- Is avocado oil the new olive oil? It's the vegetable oil with the highest smoke point. Fork in the Road
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Left: A taco from Carnitas Michoacán. (George Wilhelm / Los Angeles Times) Right: A pair of roasting chickens. (Genaro Molina / Los Angeles Times)