Sampler Platter: World's longest sausage, pancake shortage, sauerkraut
Finally, some fun Friday food "news"...
- Croatia hosts world's largest sausage party. Digital Journal
- "As eating has become highly charged with moral judgments, sex has become notably less so." With a little help from Mary Eberstadt, George F. Will ponders the inverse relationship between libido and gluttony. Washington Post
- Could sauerkraut be the next peanut butter? 13WHAM
- Kleincast offers a McRib tracking map.
- IHOP pancake shortage alleged. Pasadena Star News
- Chef Omri Aflalo out at Citrus. Eater L.A.
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Cooks attempt to prepare the world's longest sausage on Feb. 14 in Vinkovci, Croatia. Organizers hope to enter their 1,640-foot sausage in the Guinness World Records, beating the previous record of 1,286 feet. The Croatian sausage contained approximately 880 pounds of pork. (Hrvoje Polan / AFP /Getty Images)