Sampler Platter: French fries, pita pizzas, naked sushi
Midweek midafternoon tidbits...
- Why French fries smell good -- notes of butterscotch, cocoa, onion, flowers, cheese and ironing boards -- and what can make them smell better. Discover
- L.A. Taco checks out Honduran restaurant El Katracho in Sherman Oaks.
- Inspired by the Armenian shish kebab shops of Glendale, the 99-Cent Chef makes pita pizzas with clams and artichoke hearts.
- Baltimore to get its first naked sushi restaurant? ABC2News
- Say "I love you" with toast. Slashfood
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: French fries come in a glass with three sauces at BiMi, a sushi and izakaya restaurant in Santa Monica. Credit: Ringo H.W. Chiu / Los Angeles Times