Sampler Platter: 20-cent tacos, beef in Guinness, Hong Kong cafes
February 5, 2009 | 12:15 pm
A midwinter's Sampler Platter...
- Jez Hindmarsh, drummer for British shoegazer band Swervedriver (and soon-to-be cookbook author), offers his perfect simmer-all-day winter meal: beef in Guinness. The Hot Dish
- Face Cafe, a new Hong Kong-style coffee shop, replaces OK Cafe in Alhambra. Food GPS
- When the original Wahoo's Fish Tacos in Costa Mesa reopens Feb. 22, it'll offer 20-cent tacos to celebrate its 20-year anniversary. Fast Food Maven
- Food Network is looking for grillmasters with grandiose personalities to join Bobby Flay in Season 2 of "Grill It."
- Profit plunges 72% at Kraft Foods. N.Y. Times
- Washington, D.C., council member urges trans fat ban. Washington Post
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Wing Lam shows off the Baja-style cuisine that defines his Wahoo's Fish Taco chain. Credit: Rick Loomis / Los Angeles Times