Sampler Platter: Ramen, SPAM, tacos & Girl Scout cookies
- Rameniac reviews Chin-Ma-Ya, Little Tokyo's newest ramen shop, specializing in authentic Sichuan-style tan tan men "that will have peppercorns oozing through your pores."
- LA Taco pegs Tito's Tacos as a tourist trap but loves the carne asada, pollo and carnitas tacos at nearby Cinco de Mayo.
- LA Eastside celebrates rosca de reyes, the bread of kings traditionally eaten on Jan. 6 for El Dia De Reyes, a.k.a. King's Day.
- UK citizens can earn an all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii for the 2010 SPAM JAM Festival by winning Britain's Spam Cook of the Year competition. Americans will have to settle for SPAM.com. Slashfood
- Somebody hates the Girl Scouts and their annual cookie drive. Momlogic
— Elina Shatkin
Photo: Blogger Rickmond Wong, a.k.a. the Rameniac, poses with an image of a bowl of Kotteri Shoyu Ramen. Credit: Stefano Paltera/For The Times