Sampler Platter: Paula Deen's brownies of death, yelping about Yelp and tainted honey
January 28, 2009 | 6:19 pm
Midweek food bites...
- Here's the incomparable Paula Deen encapsulating all of Southern cooking in a single brownie recipe: Take something pre-made from a box and add tons of fat and sugar. Watch for the three 1-pound Hershey's bars. Up jumped the devil. Mama knows how to do it!
- Neighborhood blog Blackburn and Sweetzer has an update on the Golden State, which will replace the former Nova Express on Fairfax Avenue and serve Scoops gelato.
- Starbucks to stop continually brewing decaf after noon. Why not do humanity a favor and stop brewing decaf altogether? L.A. Times
- Tainted Chinese honey is the new tainted Chinese milk. There's even a cute name for it: honey laundering. Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- Yelp co-founder Jeremy Stoppelman writes an op-ed piece defending Yelp. S.F. Chronicle
-- Elina Shatkin