Sampler Platter: Spam, Zima, cheese roads and chicken manure
- McDonald's cuts the cheese, ups its prices. TMZ
- If Spam is selling like hotcakes, why are Hormel's profits in the tank? Bloomberg
- CASA Restaurant -- a 5,000-square-foot Mexican outpost on Bunker Hill -- heads into the home stretch before opening. Angelenic
- Lukewarm food is hot enough for felons. S.F. Chronicle
- The long, slow, torturous death of Zima. Slate
- "Guess what they call the Grocery Shrink Ray at General Mills? Holistic Margin Management." Consumerist
- Cheese makes safer roads. CNN
- Sip the science: Beer is good for your heart. MSN
- "When I left school and started working the land, this stuff was seen as farmer’s gold." That "stuff" is chicken manure. N.Y. Times examines poultry industry pollution.
- The Brie log is the new cheese ball. Serious Eats
- Chowhound readers debate: "Disneyland Dining: The Mediocrest Place on Earth"?
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Andrew Scholer / Los Angeles Times