Sampler Platter: celeb lunch boxes, beer can chicken & bacon-draped hens
December 14, 2008 | 6:05 am
News you probably can't use, but it's tasty nonetheless...
- World of Warcraft restaurant opens in China. Wired
- Gothamist checks out the celeb-designed lunchboxes at this year's Lunchbox Auction, a charity event that benefits the Food Bank for New York City and the Lunchbox Fund of South Africa.
- Hiro's West LA Food Blog shows you how to cook beer can chicken.
- NYC hot dog vendor who was ticketed for handling wieners in an unsanitary manner will have his day in court. NY Post
- Gates Foundation donates $1.4 million to food banks in Pacific Northwest. Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- The Philadelphia Inquirer picks its favorite cookbooks.
- Enjoy the Royal Bacon Society's bacon wordle.
- When you can't bother with a turducken, try a bacon-draped Cornish hen. MSNBC
- Man who was convicted of killing and cooking his wife blames it on the devil weed. Detroit Free Press
Photo: Customers keep busy on Nov. 12, 2008 while waiting to buy World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King at Fry's in Anaheim. Mark Boster / Los Angeles Times