Sample Platter: Spanish cheese, Chicago pierogi, celeb chef T-day recipes
A short Sampler Platter for your pre-T-day reading pleasure.
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries, the In-N-Out of the East Coast, now has two locations in SoCal: Carson (opened in May) and Cerritos (opened last week). Franchise owner Phil Ratner hints at an L.A. locale. OC Register via LAist
- Upscale 7-Eleven (apparently, that's not an oxymoron) coming to downtown. Angelenic
- The Daily Beast offers Thanksgiving recipes from their fave celeb chefs: Ming Tsai's roast turkey and shiitake gravy, Tom Colicchio's sausage stuffing and potato puree, Alex Guarnaschelli's homemade cranberry sauce, Jamie Oliver's butternut squash, Nigella Lawson's pumpkin seed brittle and Mario Batali's shaved fennel with blood oranges, pecorino and pomegranates.
- EatingLA visits newly opened N'ice Cream in Venice.
- 30 of the world's greatest bakers -- Rose Levy Berenbaum, Shirley O. Corriher, Camilla Plum, John Rolfe, Dorie Greenspan and more -- offer you baking tips. The Guardian via Serious Eats
- Martha Stewart has a hankering for Chicago pierogi. Chicago Tribune
- Nibbling through Spain's cheese country. NY Times
- A cornucopia of wrecktopias. Cake Wrecks
-- Elina Shatkin
Photo: Wild mushroom and shredded cabbage pierogi at Warszawa in Santa Monica. Credit: Los Angeles Times.