Monster Quiz (inaugural edition): Test your knowledge of the week's culture news [Updated]
Welcome to the very first Monster Quiz! (Cue rapturous applause and whoops of joy)
For the next few Thursdays, we'll be mining the week's culture news for fantastic superfuntimes quiz questions sure to delight and amuse. Failing that, you'll at least be 20 minutes closer to the end of your workday when you finish.
1. Put your answers in the comments.
2. All the answers can be found in Culture Monster posts from March 7 or later. In order to keep it fun for everyone, please do not link to sources in your comment.
3. Answers will be appended to this post at noon PST Friday.
1. Which is the latest (as of Wednesday) character from "Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark" to be involved in a technical malfunction during the show?
2. Which L.A. arts group made a video contribution to the "It Gets Better" campaign this week?
3. Philip Glass' opera "Akhnaten" was the catalyst for an outburst of Egyptmania in L.A .this week. Which members of Egyptian royalty are President and Mrs. Obama said to physically resemble?
4. Three Culture Monster posts this week have been devoted to single paintings. Who are their subjects?
5. Of all the ballet companies in all the world, which one did Prince give $250,000?
[Updated: Friday 12:26 p.m.] Here, as promised: are the answers
1. Green Goblin
As always, we love to hear what you think. Was the quiz too hard? Could you have done it with one hand tied behind your back?
-- Marcia Adair
Photo credit: The Alien Project