« Previous | Culture Monster Home | Next »

Christopher Knight

October 1, 2008 |  5:55 pm

Christopher Knight is art critic for the Los Angeles Times. A three-time finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in Criticism, he also received the 1997 Frank Jewett Mather Award for Distinction in Art Criticism from the College Art Association, the first journalist to win the award in more than 25 years. A former museum curator, he's written numerous exhibition catalog essays, and he's the author of two books, "Last Chance for Eden: Selected Art Criticism, 1979-1994" (1995) and "Art of The Sixties and Seventies: The Panza Collection" (1989 and 2003). A Californian by desire and a New Englander by birth, Knight holds a Masters in art history from the State University of New York and an Honorary Doctorate from Atlanta College of Art.

Follow Christopher on Twitter. Email Christopher at christopher.knight@latimes.com


 
Comments () | Archives (5)

Christopher, I hope you can help me. I have a picture I clipped from the LA Times several years ago, maybe sometime between 2000 & 2002 (yes, I know that's a rather extensive range). Foolishly I clipped the picture and left the article behind and now I'd really like to know the artist's name. I think he's Japanese (or maybe Japanese-American) but that's all I seem to have on him...or her. You can view the picture (which is apparently very representative of the artist's style) on my Blog here: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Cy2G9A6qQrk/StvV8XgR3lI/AAAAAAAAASM/wo_35tY9X9g/s1600-h/SPAngel.jpg

Hopefully you can help me identify the artist, or direct me to someone who can help. Thank you.

Did the AAMD say its member institutions earn on average 5% of their REVENUE through admissions, or 5% of their expenses? Hard to imagine what the other 95% of revenue would consist of.

Hello there.

I realize you are a busy man, but I thought you might like to check out my online gallery of tunnel books. Some of them, and a few new pieces, will be exhibited at The Land of Odd Gallery in Eagle rock on Saturday, May 8th.

Thanks for your time,
Brad Davis

Raising awareness of the Watts/Rodia Towers as the greatest collection of art, fountains, sculptures and religious edifice in the Western US tonight and through June at Norm Maxwell's Studio/Gallery across from Canter's on Fairfax. 430 N Fairfax.
Seeya there.
http://www.normmaxwell.com/

Thank you for posting the Nuestro Pueblo story, Christopher. Please stay on it, nothing in the art community in LA is more important, not Broad, not Disney, not the ring cycle, nothing.
Donald


Advertisement
Connect

Recommended on Facebook


In Case You Missed It...

Video


Explore the arts: See our interactive venue graphics



Advertisement

Tweets and retweets from L.A. Times staff writers.


Categories


Archives