Babylon & Beyond

Observations from Iraq, Iran,
Israel, the Arab world and beyond

« Previous Post | Babylon & Beyond Home | Next Post »

LIBYA: Government forces preparing for full-scale attack on rebels; West should butt out or face defeat, Kadafi's son says

March 10, 2011 | 10:26 am

Seif Islam Kadafi, son of Libyan leader Moammar Kadafi , said Thursday that forces loyal to the government were preparing for a full-scale attack on anti-government forces and that Western countries would face defeat if they chose to support the uprising, according to a report from Bloomberg News.

In a news conference in Tripoli broadcast on the British television network Sky News, the younger Kadafi said the troops were ready to die to defend the country and that the offensive was getting underway, the Bloomberg report said.

Seif Kadafi also said that two Dutch soldiers who had been captured would be released and warned to stay away, Bloomberg reported.

-- Ann M. Simmons

Comments 

Advertisement










Video