Strong brows and smoky eyes dominate the runway at Thakoon
NARS Cosmetics created the “face” for the Thakoon show. Lead artist Diane Kendal based the makeup on the collection, which was inspired by the 1940s surrealist images of photographer Lee Miller, combined with 1980s rock 'n' roll glam. This translates as smoky eyes, full brows and downplayed lips. And since buying clothes from the runway may not be in most budgets this year, the makeup might be the most affordable aspect to emulate. Here is Kendal’s step-by-step lesson on how to get the look:
• Use a minimal amount of NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (coming out for fall 2009).
• Lightly stroke NARS Blush in Gilda on the apples of the cheeks.
• Use NARS Eyeliner Pencil in Mambo to line upper lashes and crease.
• Blend over entire lid and up to brows, keeping dense color by lash line.
• With Mambo, line lower lashes and gently blend.
• Use NARS Single Eye shadow in Bali to fill in brows.
• Draw a very thin line on upper lashes with NARS Eyeliner Stylo in Black (coming out for fall 2009).
• Apply NARS Lip Therapy Treatment in Rain to entire lip.
• Lightly pat a small amount of concealer over Rain to mute the color.
-- Melissa Magsaysay
Photos: At left, Thakoon fall '09 runway. Credit: Getty. At right, the makeup at Thakoon fall '09 show. Credit: NARS